The main chassis has now been built and the turret has been constructed but not fully textured. Here’s a list of what requirements have currently been filled out.
- A minimum of 50 and a maximum of 300 prims used in the construction
This has been done, currently I have 65 objects, so that’s at least 50 prims.
- At least three different primitive types (i.e. Sphere, Torus, etc.)
This has been done.
- At least four different forms of prim manipulation (i.e. Cut, Twist, etc.)
I have used path cut on the top hatches, hollow on the turret, slice on the view ports, tapper for the different angles of armor. There are more, but that’s at least four so that can be ticked off
- The use of different textures and colours throughout the build with consideration given to using appropriate textures, texture repeats, offsets and rotations
I have used a fishnet texture on the tires, and darkened them up to make it look like a tire, I have used the green metal on the axis for the wheel that have also been darkened up. I used a denim texture on the underside that has been darkened up. I also have a blog post on some of the textures I made.
- At least two different texture manipulations (i.e. Glow, Shininess, etc.)
I have used glow on the headlight, I also used full bright on the headlight too as it gives the light a foggy look.
- The appropriate use of multiple textures on a prim
I have done this by editing multiple faces, the best example would be on the headlights, I used a wire mesh on the front of the headlight and a solid metal texture on the back of the hemisphere.
- The appropriate scale for purpose both in construction and texture use
I think my build is pretty reasonably scaled, as I took measurements and implemented them in my build for my planning stage. At this stage I have done completed the first load of tasks. I am happy with how it has gone so far. The second lot of things I need do are as follows:
- A scripted change in colour
Not done, I think I may do this some how, I’m not sure yet.
- A scripted change in texture
- The use of at least three textures with transparency
I have: The hubcaps on the tires, The mesh on the cages on top, and the headlight front.
- An instance of a prim with Flexible Path
I have done this on both of the aerials.
- An instance of a prim with Light
The headlights have a light effect.
- Prim movement through scripting
I have used this on the top hatches to open them.
- The use of at least two sculpties
I have used a scupltie of a stick of dynamite. I think this could be considered accurate as German tank crews carried dynamite to destroy their vehicles when they were damaged beyond easy repair so as they didn’t fall into enemy hands.
My Second sculptie is a fire extinguisher located near the engine deck. This would also be accurate as engine fires were very common on fighting vehicles and tanks/armored vehicles carried fire extinguishers.
- An appropriate particle system
I have used a smoke particle on the exhaust pipe and the end of the barrel. So far I have done 5/6 of these requirements. I am very happy with my progress so far. Here’s what it looks like so far.